1 - Definitions
Project: A multimedia work to which the Title is synchronised. In the context of programmes, podcasts, series, etc comprising several episodes, a Project relates to a single episode thereof.
Title: A given piece of recorded music available on the website joystock.org
Theme: Projects are considered to be part of the same Theme if they belong to one specific series of production, be it for instance a podcast or video series. In case of a Project being uploaded on YouTube, the channel responsible for the upload is considered to be the Theme.
2 - Non-exclusive Joystock licenses
Through the download of Titles on Joystock.org, Joystock grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferrable, non-sublicensable, global, permanent right to modify and use a Title in unlimited Projects in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Free, Standard or Extended license, as applicable.
In consideration for the license that you use, you agree to Joystock licensing fees (if applicable) in accordance with the rates listed on our website.Free license ($0)
Please read the below descriptions of the licenses for an overview of their limitations and pricing.
Joystock's Titles can be used for free in non-monetized Projects such as online videos (youtube, vimeo, social media,...), advertising, free software, animations, slideshows, as website background music, and in educational plays as long as proper credits are given.The free license can be used in order to synchronize videos uploaded to:
Example of proper credits:
Music: Title Name by Joystock - https://www.joystock.org
Joystock's Titles can be used for free on Tiktok, but it is not allowed to reupload the Titles on Tiktok.
In order to use Joystock's Titles in TikTok videos, the Titles must be accessed directly from the app by searching "Joystock" in TikTok's search engine, and selecting the Title from there.
Content distributed through VOD services such as Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Prime is not allowed for free.
Any Project aiming at generating revenue through video monetization must be subject to the purchase of one of the licenses listed below.
Any Project that doesn't contain proper credits must be subject to the purchase of one of the licenses listed below.Standard license ($19)
Our STANDARD license enables you to monetize the Title in unlimited Projects as long as they are part of the same Theme, including Projects that are distributed commercially, in the following manners:
- Synchronised in videos broadcast on the Internet through free on-demand video sites or services (YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Facebook, Twitter, etc) except subscription-based/paid on-demand video services (Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc)
- On websites and social networks
- In advertisements broadcast on the Internet (banners and videos)
- In podcasts
- In corporate videos
- In videos and slideshows (wedding videos, holiday videos)
- As on-hold music
- In shopping centres, and sales points
- In trade fairs, industrial fairs and industrial exhibitions.
Our STANDARD license also enables you to publish your videos without having to include credits.
For the avoidance of any doubt, company videos relating to different products or services cannot be considered as videos belonging to a specific Theme and cannot therefore be addressed by only one Standard license.Extended license ($99)
Our EXTENDED license enables you to use the Title in one (1) Project, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the standard license, and in the following manners:
- Synchronised in a video, without condition of length, broadcast on television (whether distributed by television broadcast, cable broadcast or in an "on-demand" context) or in cinemas
- Synchronised in a video, without condition of length, broadcast on the Internet via on-demand video websites or services (YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Facebook, Twitter, etc) including subscription on-demand video services (Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc)
- In the context of a radio programme (whether distributed by radio broadcast, cable broadcast, or in the context of podcasts or on-demand services)
- Customised license
For any other use exceeding the limitations of the Standard or Extended licenses, you mustcontact Joystockin order to obtain a custom license covering the uses that you wish to make of the Title.
3 - Additional conditions for every type of license
Please note that our licenses do not include the rights of public performance (television and radio productions, broadcasting in public spaces). You must make the necessary declarations and pay any royalties due for such types of broadcasting.
You undertake not to claim ownership of the Title (and not to make it available in any way whatsoever) through any type of content detection and/or recording system of any kind whatsoever (such as YouTube's Content ID system), even if it is synchronised to your own project.
4 - Restrictions on useYou are prohibited from:
- Selling, transferring, sublicensing, sharing, giving or otherwise allocating the titles or rights hereby granted to you to any third party;
- Re-selling the title alone or as part of a package, except if it is exclusively integrated into your project;
- Re-selling the title (or otherwise making it available) in a manner enabling a third party to download it as a separate file, such as in electronic card or website templates;
- Re-selling the title (or otherwise making it available) as part of a competing product, such as, for instance, a compilation of music or a music library;
- Selling the title (or otherwise making it available) as being your own music or a part of such, or as being your song, even if it has been transformed or edited, or if you have added other instruments or voices to the music;
- Stating that you are the creator or the owner of the copyright of the title or of any other work derivative work of the title.
- Using the work in an unlawful, abusive, defamatory or discriminatory manner, encouraging the violation of intellectual property rights including the artists' moral rights, or in a context likely to harm the reputation of Joystock.
5 - Ownership
You hereby acknowledge that Joystock is and remains the owner of any right, title and interest in the Title, including but not limited to any copyright. The title is protected by French and international law on copyright and is governed to such laws.
6 - Limitation of liability
Joystock may not be held liable to you or any third party for any direct or indirect material or immaterial claims, costs, losses or damage incurred in connection with the performance of the Agreement, and in particular any losses of data, financial losses or losses of opportunities/shortfalls, without this list being exhaustive. The total liability of Joystock under this Agreement and arising from your use of any title shall be restricted to the licensing fees paid by you for such a title. You hereby agree that this license has been granted to you without any warranty or remedy.
7 - Termination
In the event of a breach of any of Your obligations under this Agreement, Joystock may, at its sole discretion, decide to terminate this Agreement at any time, taking effect at the time of receipt by You of the notice of termination. The exercise of this right of termination by Joystock shall not harm its right to claim compensation for any prejudice suffered as a result of such termination.
Upon termination of the Agreement, You undertake to cease all use of the Title and to destroy all copies of said Title in Your possession.
8 - Accessibility
Joystock shall make every effort to ensure that all the titles contained in its online library are accessible at all times. However, Joystock makes no warranty regarding the accessibility of all titles at all times. Joystock may cease to grant licenses for certain titles, at its sole discretion.
9 - Taxes
The licensing fees imposed by Joystock do not include taxes. By entering into this Agreement, you undertake to check that your country of residence is the same as that stated in your invoicing address.
10 - General provisions
This Agreement is governed by French law, with the exception of the rules of conflict of laws.
The French courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute relating to its performance, breaches of the Agreement and its interpretation.
If any part of this Agreement is declared null and void or unenforceable by a competent court or any other legal entity having the necessary authority to make such a declaration, the remainder of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
The parties hereby declare accepting that this Agreement and all documents related thereto were initially drafted in English. This Agreement may be available in other languages. In the event of any differences between the different language versions, the English version shall prevail.